- Checked baggage permitted: 1 piece with maximum weight of 30 lbs./13.6 kgs and up to 45 linear inches / 114 cm. (length + height + width).
- Carry-On Baggage in addition you are permitted to carry with you in the cabin the following items (restrictions apply)
- A lady’s handbag or purse
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A Laptop computer
- You may be required to check-in your carry-on bag in case of limited space in the passenger cabin. If this happens it is your responsibility to remove all items not suitable for transportation as checked baggage
Additional Fees: Excess baggage will be charged at $1.20 per pound and will be considered standby bags.
- Surfboards: If you check them as part of your free baggage allowance, you can take up to 2 surfboards per flight. The charge is US$10 per surfboard each way. If you check them as extra luggage, they are considered standby bags.
- Here are a few tips to pack your surfboards that you may find useful: Fins must be removed; Neither clothing nor any other articles are permitted inside the surfboard bags. Damaged packaging and/or packaging not resistant to normal handling are not accepted.
- Damaged surfboard are not accepted either.
Other sports equipmentIf you choose to check sports equipment as part of your regular baggage allowance and check another piece as excess baggage, the sports equipment will be subject to overweight/oversized baggage charges. One of the following sports equipment is permitted per passenger (US $1.20 per pound):
- Fishing: 2 fishing rods, 1 pair of boots, 1 net
- Golf: 1 golf club bag (up to 62 inches) with up to 14 clubs, 12 golf balls and 1 pair golf shoes packed in the bag.
- Diving: 1 air regulator, 1pair rubber fins, 1 conventional harpoon, 1 diving mask, 1 wet suit, 1 weight belt.
- Archery: 1 bow plus arrows.
- Ski: 2 poles, 1pair each of skis, boots, and shoes
You may not transport as part of your baggage:
- Windsurfing boards
- Surfboards exceeding 6.9ft/2.1mts in length
- Diving tanks
Tips for packing
- Pack any and all valuable articles (money, jewelry, electronic devices, etc.) in your carry-on baggage.
- Avoid excess baggage charges by complying with weight and size requirements.
- Present any damaged baggage claims before leaving the airport. Please note that LA COSTEÑA is not responsible for minor damages, such as scratches, dents, lost wheels, etc., caused by normal handling or overstuffed bags.